We are seeking a Senior/Lead/Principal-level Software Engineer to join our R&D, Tech & Products team. As the 4th largest software company in the world, and the leader in the cloud, we are challenged with designing and developing the next generation technologies in cloud computing. Our mission as the “customer company”, is to ensure trust with our customers, from Fortune 100 companies, to start-ups and nonprofit organizations. Processing more than 5+ billion transactions per day and growing, performance remains a central focus for innovation.
Your impact :
As a software engineer on the Lightning Platform Tools and Automation team, you will be responsible for building state of the art tools used by all salesforce teams building features on Lightning Experience. For a detailed overview please visit https://developer.salesforce.com/lightning.
We are looking for an experienced Senior/Lead/Principal Software Development Engineer who will design and build automated infrastructure and developer tools that integrate development processes such as performance management, regression tracking, lab management, workload scheduling, and reporting to provide a streamlined continuous build and self-served performance test environment.
Job Responsibilities :
- Build scalable and elastic services, capable of running in public clouds and private Salesforce data centers
- Design and build cloud-native (GCP, AWS ) containerized micro-services services.
- Build efficient components/algorithms to serve a high volume of requests with low latencies
- Continuously integrate and deploy your code, monitor it in the live service and learn through data-driven feedback loops on how to improve it
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and feature teams to ensure complete and quality deliverables using Agile methodologies.
Required Skills :
- Experience building large-scale web apps with a reusable component architecture
- Strong understanding of CI processes and SDLC
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Experience in building services running on Public Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Git, Perforce, Gradle, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, and/or other CI/CD tools
NICE TO HAVE SKILL :
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Good to have experience with modern UI framework like Angular or ReactJS.
- Commitment to proper software engineering practices – design, testing, documentation, code reviews etc
Company Overview :
Headquarters San Francisco, CA
Size 10000+ employees
Type Company – Public
Industry Computer Hardware & Software
Sector Information Technology
Revenue $10+ billion (USD)
Competitors Oracle, SAP, Google